Just got back from wonderful Seoul yesterday. It was a fun week-long trip. I really wish it was longer. :D
This was the Itinerary:
Day 7 : Myeongdong again.
– We stayed in a hostel in Sinchon which is part of the University area. Click here for the hostel review.
– We took the airport bus to and from the hostel which was more expensive than the subway but it was more convenient since we didn’t have to transfer to another subway line carrying our heavy luggage from so many flight of stairs. It generally costs 10,000 won. There’s a desk at the airport where you can buy your bus ticket. Our hostel had print outs for a 10% discount. We only had to pay 9,000 won going back to the airport.
– Get the T-Money card for 3,000 won. It’s convenient and you get a 100 won discount on your bus and subway fare. It’s available at any GS Mart. You’ll see one at the airport. It makes a great souvenir. You can use it again when you come back to Seoul. ;-) It’s a lot like the Octopus card of Hong Kong or the EZ link card of Singapore.
– When you order at most fastfood place or in food courts, your receipt will usually have a number. Don’t worry they’ll point at it. They usually have a small screen where you can see the numbers being called out.
– At most establishments, you put back your tray after you’re done eating. No one cleans after you like in the Philippines. So, be mindful of this.