is Roasted Garlic Cauliflower and Shoyu Spicy Chicken. I was supposed to make apple pie but I couldn’t find my bowls. Then I saw the two head of cauliflowers our uncle gave us yesterday sitting on the table. I’d like to try and eat healthy so veggies it is. I then searched on my phone for recipes. I found one at allrecipes.com. The Shoyu Spicy Chicken – I made up the recipe.
Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Recipe:
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese – I used cheddar instead
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley – I didn’t have this
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a large casserole dish.
- Place the olive oil and garlic in a large resealable bag. Add cauliflower, and shake to mix. Pour into the prepared casserole dish, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Top with Parmesan cheese and parsley, and broil for 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown.
It was really good. The cauliflower has a natural sweetness to it. Oven roasting it made it soft but left a little crunch to it. The roasted garlic in olive oil is amazing. Don’t put too much salt but enough pepper on it. The cheese can be salty so be mindful of that.
Now, for the Shoyu Spicy Chicken. I marinated half a kilo of Chicken in sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, pepper, chili powder and rice vinegar. Don’t ask me about the portions. I put it in the fridge. After about 30 minutes, I pan fried it. Then I put the remaining marinade and let it simmer for a bit.