I haven’t been having the best time lately.. I’m really grateful for friends. A couple of them came over the house to visit and I made some cupcakes!
I got the yellow cupcake recipe from MarthaStewart.com and the frosting from allrecipes.com
YELLOW CUPCAKE RECIPE:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.line the cups of a standard (12-cup) muffin tin with paper or foil liners. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a liquid-measuring cup, mix milk and vanilla; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. With mixer on low speed, add half of dry ingredients, followed by milk-vanilla mixture, then remaining dry ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups (a 2-ounce or 1/4-cup ice-cream scoop is good for this).
- Place tin on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool cupcakes 5 minutes in tin, then remove and cool completely on a rack before frosting.
- 1 cup shortening
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat on low speed of electric mixer until well blended and very smooth.
Be careful about the almond extract. I think I put too much in mine..
I think I can still improve on this recipe. It was my first try. My imperfect cupcakes.. Aren’t they cute?