I didn’t want to go out because of the weather. It’s one of those days where you would just like to tuck yourself in and sip a bowl of hot soup. I had deadlines and it was Wednesday. I would rather do everything today than join the long lines tomorrow. I thought that there would be less people today because of the weather and I was right. I still had to wait for an hour but It was better than 3 hours. Public banks and offices are really oblivious of the term – customer service or plain public service. I wish they would do something about that.
Anyways, I did all that I had to do. I asked my brother to come pick me up because I went grocery shopping. He and my cousin were there and then we ate at Chowking. It’s his birthday on the 21st. I want to bake my brother a cake. We’ll see.
Here was the Banana Muffins I baked the other day.. I meant to post it earlier but I was busy.
They were good but not great. I got the recipe from Allrecipes.com.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
I read the reviews and I substituted butter with oil as suggested. As well as adding cinnamon and vanilla for the topping – couldn’t find nutmeg at the grocery.